Sealant bead inspection
OVST have developed a sealant bead measurement system using GigE 3D laser-displacement sensors. When the sensor projects a laser line across the adhesive, this line is displaced by the profile of the bead. By moving the sealant bead through the laser line, a 3D profile of the adhesive bead can be formed from which information regarding the width and height can be deduced.
- Red and Blue lasers: robust detection on any adhesive.
- Application specific algorithms: suited to black and glossy surfaces such as tinted glass.
- Easy to setup and operate: no expert knowledge required.
- Compact and lightweight: suitable for any robot.
- Inspect the bead path after applying the PU glue.
- Inspect the width, height and shape of the bead in real world values (mm).
- Inspect the quality of the bead surface to ensure that it is not missing or overlapped.